Adrenaline Junkies Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union Jack AAR

+7
LoneWolf62798003
Gemlee
bri_jo
Tank
THE BOULDER
Nec
soul reaper
11 posters

Go down

Union Jack AAR Empty Union Jack AAR

Post  soul reaper Sun May 10, 2009 11:31 am

Tell us what you liked and want to see in the future.

i want to thank everyone for showing up today. also what did you think of the props?

just want to say i am sorry if i snaped at anyone today it was a long friday for me.

want to thank DJ for finding the park. Next time dont drowned me in the river when you kiddnap me.
it was great to see some 1st sword people out there. Roger looked liked he enjoyed the event and i am glad to see a big grine of killing people.

i would have liked to seen a little more of the props being used in the event.

overall itwas wonderfull and cant wait to do it again.
now i know why Roger only does one a month
i give him big thumbs up for his hard effort and the events he host.

thank you all for being there.

Soul Reaper
soul reaper
soul reaper
Person of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Union Jack AAR Empty Re: Union Jack AAR

Post  Nec Sun May 10, 2009 11:48 am

overrall i that it was a great day. weather couldnt have been nicer.

i liked the "story line" the negotiation part i thought were very cool. the field i though could have been larger, but thats an aspect that we cant really change. the "bunkers" i thought were the best part, i really wish there were more bunkers in other games.

i think this field would be an awsome field to play a night game (with tracers) at, not very much in the way of ankle busters and bushes to run in to. next time you host a game there and have a night game count me in!

Nec

Back to top Go down

Union Jack AAR Empty YEAH YEAH

Post  THE BOULDER Sun May 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Loved the site for the match thanks DJ, and adrenaline airsoft for hosting loved the non stop action when we were in play.
I do think that marking the boundries so people know what's in play and whats not would help next time. Also in regards to a particular inccident our rules are are alittle different than some of yours as far as bang bang goes we play if your hiding behind something real steel would punch through and your only about Five feet from the person that you can bang bang them dead. This does not meen you can BB someone from normal engagement distance you have to be almost on them. Next time I will make sure to ask before the game as to weather or not that will aply and once again Sorry man for the misunderstanding you know who you are!! Smile Other than that loved the game got killed alot and killed people alot love it when that happens!!
THE BOULDER
THE BOULDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Tank Sun May 10, 2009 1:28 pm

To start off, I just want to thank Chad, Dj, Soul Reaper, and anyone else who helped throw this event together. TWO thumbs up from me!

Things I'll remember

- It was refreshing to be a part of an event that was well organized & where a lot of thought went into making a fun day.

- Although the field was small, the covered picnic areas (bunkers) added a great feature to the field. The action was always fast paced around these areas.

- Each mission had a well thought out scenario, that was coupled with exciting objectives.

- The props. Great ideas with the computer for the Comm center. The dirty bomb was very cool and an excellent night game prop.

- Shooting Dj again & again & again & again... Always fun to have him on the receiving end of my barrel. Twisted Evil

- My favorite part of the whole day was definitely the negotiations. I love the anticipation of things about to happen, but the lack of knowing "when" they will happen. Standing there face to face with the enemy, knowing that at anytime things could explode, I love that! As I would notice enemy movement in the tree line and more guards move into the negotiating area, my finger would wrap the trigger just a little more. When things did turn violent, the yelling back and forth to lower weapons and drop the hostage was just incredible. I was having the most fun I think I can legally have at that point. That whole mission is one I will never forget. Just simply AWESOME!

Things to improve

- The field. Understanding this was a result of losing the 80 acres in Puyallup, this was a great field. I don't know that I could do to many more day events there though. By the third mission I was left with a feeling of wanting a little change in scenery. I do agree though, I would love to do a few night games at this field.

- The breaks in between the missions. Personally I prefer to play straight through. If I stop for too long, I really have to motivate myself to get back out and play. 10-15 minutes tops to hydrate and reload, then I want to get back to it.

- The hit rules. A little different than how we do ours, so this is just another case of preference. We usually play any hit head to toe and guns and gear count. It just seems to simplify things a little and eliminate the arguing of "Where" it actually hit. Although I didn't hear of any incidents, so for this event it worked.

Summary

I had an awesome time, wasted more Bb's in one day than I think I ever have. The event was well thought out and organized. Everyone had good attitudes and played with honor. I look forward to the next AJ's event.
Tank
Tank
1st Sword

Back to top Go down

Post  bri_jo Sun May 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Thanks to everyone who ran the event, it was alot of fun and I hope to come out to alot more of these types of events. It was very realistic, with the negotiations and everything, and I think it made me a better player.
The only thing that I did not like is the length of the breaks inbetween the games, other than that everything was great. Thanks guys!
bri_jo
bri_jo

Back to top Go down

Union Jack AAR Empty AAR Operation Union Jack

Post  Gemlee Sun May 10, 2009 2:06 pm

On behalf of the Praetorian Guards, I would like to Thank DJ, Chad, Soul Reaper for hosting this event. Despite of the fact that I got KIA a million times and scored NO hits, my soldiers did enjoy themselves. Three confirmed kills with some potential War Crime action. Roger and Jawz would have been a nice high value target. They provided a Great OPFOR role. Night skirmishes would have been nice but unfortunately, due to time constraints, we are unable to participate. Maybe next time. I am looking forward for the next game hosted by the AJ. Hoooaahhhh!!!

cyclops

Last edited by Gemlee on Sun May 10, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemlee
Gemlee

http://praetorianguardairsoft.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Sun May 10, 2009 2:24 pm

It's a possibility some of the command of the EU is still under the assumption that I know less than basics about combat or tactics.

I did one funny thing though...
Situation: 2 men down (bleeding), time elapsed approximately 90 seconds. the men were out of reach, and there was no safety for ANYONE to reach them, and the enemy was too fortified. I called out to my men, "cover your face" and shot them both one shot.
I was told that would be a "no-no," so I won't likely do it. I'm not gonna say "it wasn't in the rules" because that's a &!t@# card! But one did say he would have done the same for me. It got them back into the fight faster, and kept others from being gunned down trying to rescue them.

One thing that I also had happen...
I call out like a good little NATO owned goon, "don't you move" but they ignored me for a few seconds before seeing me. I wonder something. do I speak softly? or am I just so unimportant that you ignore me even when I'm pointing a gun at you?
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  LieutenantChau Sun May 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Personally, I thought the ROE thing is pretty cool, it has a more realstic feeling to it.

However, there was only one problem... I had this bloke with a M16A2 and a box mag blind firing at me, not cool. I didn't see his head sticking out, so I'll just go ahead and all it blind firing... To add onto that, he was about 15 feet in front of me.

However, that was one of the most interesting AOs I've ever been to. Except OP: RTII to be held there!

Oh yeah, and the raffle... The midcaps are cool, but I need to get 3 of them up and running again... But whatever, free is a good price, and I can't complain about that. Thanks to all the people who donated the raffle things and stuff.

-LT-

LieutenantChau

Back to top Go down

Post  bri_jo Sun May 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Another thing, does anyone know if the pictures that were taken are going to be posted anywhere?
bri_jo
bri_jo

Back to top Go down

Union Jack AAR Empty blind fire

Post  THE BOULDER Sun May 10, 2009 8:41 pm

That was one thing I forgot to mention the spray and pray method works in a real fire fight with real steel. THERE IS NO need for it in airsoft about 30% of the times I was killed it was at about 10 to 12 feet from blind fire twice by my own guys. It would suck to blind fire someone from three feet with a 400 fps gun so maybe think about no more blind firing for future stuff but that's not my call just a suggestion. Smile
THE BOULDER
THE BOULDER

Back to top Go down

Post  soul reaper Sun May 10, 2009 8:45 pm

i will look into it and see who has pics?
soul reaper
soul reaper
Person of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Sun May 10, 2009 8:55 pm

blind fire isn't outlawed in airsoft entirely, but if you blind fire, I would rule that you are responsible for shooting too close to somebody.
that "M16 with a box" may be a specific individual I think I can ID. but aside from that, the AJ's are military men. they are trained to move, communicate, hide, see, shoot, all that stuff we do out there having fun, they do it for a living. it's not likely to be blind fire every single time that you see a gun with no head that you can hit. Chances are, they're not peaking enough of it out for you. watch that video I put on the "teamwork on a high" post I put up, where he's stepping around a board and shooting...

the AJ's are good at what they do.
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  soul reaper Sun May 10, 2009 9:36 pm

LoneWolf62798003 wrote:blind fire isn't outlawed in airsoft entirely, but if you blind fire, I would rule that you are responsible for shooting too close to somebody.
that "M16 with a box" may be a specific individual I think I can ID. but aside from that, the AJ's are military men. they are trained to move, communicate, hide, see, shoot, all that stuff we do out there having fun, they do it for a living. it's not likely to be blind fire every single time that you see a gun with no head that you can hit. Chances are, they're not peaking enough of it out for you. watch that video I put on the "teamwork on a high" post I put up, where he's stepping around a board and shooting...

the AJ's are good at what they do.

i think if you blind fire you are not playing to you full potential. blind fire is not very tactical. this sport is suppose to be tactical and strategic. running as a team helps build teamwork.
soul reaper
soul reaper
Person of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Sun May 10, 2009 9:40 pm

EXACTLY!!! that's why I came so close to shooting spartan! teamwork cant exist when your partner wonders while under fire "hmmm, should I do what kramer's telling me?"
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  soul reaper Sun May 10, 2009 9:43 pm

LoneWolf62798003 wrote:EXACTLY!!! that's why I came so close to shooting spartan! teamwork cant exist when your partner wonders while under fire "hmmm, should I do what kramer's telling me?"

"hmmm, should I do what kramer's telling me? <-- the answer to that is NO. lol!
soul reaper
soul reaper
Person of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Sun May 10, 2009 10:04 pm

no seriously... while being shot at, I tell someone to cover me, or I try giving a command to someone to keep them alive or to protect someone who's caught under fire, they shouldnt stop and think before doing something. and "I'm gonna hit you" shouldn't be such a common thing for me to say. I hate talking to him like that, but really!
"get to cover" "cover me" "give me the radio!" "open fire" isn't a hard concept! simply do it! now, if I were giving a complex order that made no sense or if I mixed languages and say "come here" in korean, then you can look at me like I'm stupid. or if I'm not clear... get me to clarify. but don't challenge my words under fire.

DJ told me something once, that he's shoot someone who questioned him under fire. I think I am very tempted to adopt that policy.
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  SGTDrake3489 Sun May 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Just a heads up, blind fire in real life really doesn't work. Sending lead down range that you can not see, not a good idea since the M4 does not have an automatic setting (unless you tinker with it and have some time on your hands) and doing the blind fire with an M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) even with the short barrel and adjustable buttstock still is a decently weighted weapon, however in Airsoft, 90% of the weapons have an automatic setting and is great for blind fire since there is NO recoil to them. Fire an automatic weapon in a blind fire situation and factor in the recoil of said weapon, that would be the answer. However you throw a some dirty Hadji behind that AK and he can do it once or twice before the M240Bs start rocking. ANYWAYS, thats just my two cents on the blind fire thing not trying to bash anyone here.

I had fun though and really enjoyed taking my human shield as well as setting up that bomb that was great, just wish we had a bigger area and had to cover at LEAST a mile or something, DJ, just remember and think back to the days of TA-4. Okay thats all I've got to say, I'm not big on AARs so, I'll cut out for now.

RIP Brothers of 1-36 INF 1st AD

PFC Elhe
PFC Bixler
SGT Weiderman
SGT Nelson
SGTDrake3489
SGTDrake3489
Adrenaline Junkie
Adrenaline Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tank Mon May 11, 2009 7:26 am

This is a little off topic with this discussion, but I'm sitting here reading this and feel like we've missed the reason blind firing is NOT a good idea.

Blind fire shouldn't be allowed, and isn't allowed at 1st-Sword events. The reason behind this is, we are all out there to play a FUN game with SAFETY as our first priority. If your blind firing, that directly implies you have NO visual of were your Bb's are going. So how do you know there isn't an operator 5 feet away from you on the other side of the log your shooting from? Or how can you judge a safe MED (Minimum Engagement Distance) when your not looking were your shooting?

Bottom line to all of this. Airsoft should have TWO rules that are always the primary focus. Make the game SAFE and make the game FUN.
Tank
Tank
1st Sword

Back to top Go down

Post  soul reaper Mon May 11, 2009 9:32 am

Tank wrote:This is a little off topic with this discussion, but I'm sitting here reading this and feel like we've missed the reason blind firing is NOT a good idea.

Blind fire shouldn't be allowed, and isn't allowed at 1st-Sword events. The reason behind this is, we are all out there to play a FUN game with SAFETY as our first priority. If your blind firing, that directly implies you have NO visual of were your Bb's are going. So how do you know there isn't an operator 5 feet away from you on the other side of the log your shooting from? Or how can you judge a safe MED (Minimum Engagement Distance) when your not looking were your shooting?

Bottom line to all of this. Airsoft should have TWO rules that are always the primary focus. Make the game SAFE and make the game FUN.

Roger is correct FUN and Safe. I was looking at the roster and alot of the people that showed up have been to 1st sword events. i would have expected them to know that blind fire is not cool.

The next event that is they put on, that rule is going to be enforced.
I am sorry that we did not say that to start with.

Also LoneWolf62798003

no seriously... while being shot at, I tell someone to cover me, or I try giving a command to someone to keep them alive or to protect someone who's caught under fire, they shouldnt stop and think before doing something. and "I'm gonna hit you" shouldn't be such a common thing for me to say. I hate talking to him like that, but really!
"get to cover" "cover me" "give me the radio!" "open fire" isn't a hard concept! simply do it! now, if I were giving a complex order that made no sense or if I mixed languages and say "come here" in korean, then you can look at me like I'm stupid. or if I'm not clear... get me to clarify. but don't challenge my words under fire.

DJ told me something once, that he's shoot someone who questioned him under fire. I think I am very tempted to adopt that policy.

i think you are holding on to this for way too long. we understand and this is a AAR for what you like and dislike about the event.
Did you like the senario?
did you like the field?
So can you tell us what you like and dislike with the game, not the people.

We would like to know so we can improve or change a few things. we can not control the people.
soul reaper
soul reaper
Person of Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy Chimp Mon May 11, 2009 10:16 am

Tank wrote:This is a little off topic with this discussion, but I'm sitting here reading this and feel like we've missed the reason blind firing is NOT a good idea.

I agree, with roger. LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC
Sexy Chimp
Sexy Chimp
Adrenaline Junkie
Adrenaline Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy Chimp Mon May 11, 2009 1:15 pm

I would like to give big thank you to, Nick, for his awesome props. To Chad for running the game, and Roger for a great job, playing and leading his team, and shooting me in the face over and over and over.

Thanks to all the players for being honest, and sorry with one for a mis-understanding. (You know who you are)

I did enjoy the game overall, and Thank you to all the players who showed up giving us another chance to run.

DJ
Sexy Chimp
Sexy Chimp
Adrenaline Junkie
Adrenaline Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Mon May 11, 2009 3:23 pm

soul reaper wrote:
Did you like the senario?
did you like the field?
So can you tell us what you like and dislike with the game, not the people.
We would like to know so we can improve or change a few things. we can not control the people.
very true. I'll throw that fit someplace else.

what I liked
shooting people, having lots of people in the battle, being american, having a little more freedom, meeting some new people, seeing tracers come out of my gun and go crazy in the pitch black, working with pro's, and being in a field that's not being shared with bikers and stuff.
what I didn't like
getting lost on the way there, having zero vision in the dark, not living long enough to actually enjoy the night game, no night vision equipment, no gas nozzle, people leaving at certain times, only 5 radio's all over the field, and THE GAME ONLY LASTED ONE DAY!
that, and I need to get myself a charger setup that doesn't kill my car battery. I was too scared to keep charging it, but strangely enough I had enough juice to keep going. yay.

what to do better next time
I wanna be evil next time, without a roe or all that trashy stuff. and hopefully if we do a 3 faction 2 side thing again, all the people on the roster actually arrive, because only 4 or 5 mercs showed up. thankfully, it was good players.

I think uniform stuff could work better, or be held up better, or something. I have my own ideas, but the game as it was is really cool. I wish I was still there right now crawling through a bush, since my new gear just arrived 2 hours ago.
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Holle Tue May 12, 2009 10:40 pm

you really need to start just getting to the point man. you type way to much ha
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Wed May 13, 2009 10:53 am

then laugh at me.

I really loved it. not sure what I would change. maybe I'd base a game on a crazy storyline I wrote as a kid. but I think the only thing to make it better would be to make it LONGER... I'm here at work now, but I wish I were still there. maybe I'm sick.
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down