Adrenaline Junkies Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zebaffes M14 HUTU

Go down

Zebaffes M14 HUTU Empty Zebaffes M14 HUTU

Post  Holle Tue May 05, 2009 3:47 pm

so dude, you gotta check this out. My dad though of this in all his mechanicall genisnus (is that a word?)

On March 29, 2009 my father and I attended the Hop Up Tracer Unit (HUTU) Workshop (space provided by “Knucklehead”, materials and supervision provided by “JAWZ” and assorted others.)
In the picture below the yellow circled area is what “JAWZ” and “Knucklehead” helped, and supervised my father and I install. However, we decided to finish the HUTU on our own time at home, so as to not hold anyone else up.

Zebaffes M14 HUTU 100_17751

When we got home we struggled to find a spot to put a switch to turn the HUTU on and off. After about an hour of trying different spots, my dad came up with a better idea that will potentially preserve battery power in the long haul.
As shown in the pictures below, we attached the LED’s wires to the trigger engage on the motor. Thusly, the LED’s do not light up until the trigger is pulled. The same concept as “JAWS’” silencer (sort of).

Zebaffes M14 HUTU 100_17752

 The Red Circle leads to the Negative (-) lead on the motor.
 The Green Circle leads to the Battery, which is spliced into the Positive (+) lead on the motor.
 The Dark Blue arrow shows the trigger being engaged, which activates the LED lights (light blue lines under the hop up).
Zebaffes M14 HUTU 100_1769-1

 Blue Circle and Arrow indicating the Negative lead that my father and I soldered on.
 Yellow Circle and Arrow indicating the Positive lead that my father and I soldered on.
In conclusion, when we tested my AGM M14 it still worked just as everyone else’s rifles did. The LED’s had enough lit time to make the BB’s glow sufficiently. On a “Recap” note, attaching the wires to the trigger engaged motor will, in the long haul, save battery energy for the following reasons:
 The LED’s are not continuously on (because the LED’s only light up when the trigger is engaged).
 You don’t have to worry about switching the HUTU off.
I hope that our new innovations help someone with ideas further down the road with their HUTU system.
A special thanks to “JAWZ” and “Knucklehead” for helping my father and I out on my complex M14, and to “Knucklehead” for lending us all the space to see the HUTU Workshop through.

Thank you
-Zebaffe
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down