Adrenaline Junkies Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're having a few problems on our weekend games, let's fix'em!

+2
Holle
DirtDiver
6 posters

Go down

We're having a few problems on our weekend games, let's fix'em! Empty We're having a few problems on our weekend games, let's fix'em!

Post  DirtDiver Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Listen up guys, we have been going to the field and people have been complaining every weekend and are threatening to leave the field and not come back because people can't play fair and I am not calling out anybody, because it's too childish to do so! It's seems to be as soon as I get there everything calms down only because I act as mediator and to tell the truth that should be the objective of every Adrenaline Junkie. We should be out there setting the example for the rest of the guys who come and pay at "OUR" field! We have to keep the games running smoothly and efficient as possible, no matter what Team leader or Non-Team leader is on the field! You know how the rank goes, when one Team leader isn't there the next one steps up and takes charge until whoever arrives and relieves him of command or decides to let that person carry on. So this up coming weekend I know some of you guys won't be there but whoever will be there with me it's up to you guys to help pitch in and help me run these events as smooth as possible!
For those of you who can't make it this weekend, don't worry I'll try and get the number up and running again so we can have more fun when you get back too!
Until then, this is DirtDiver signing out....
DirtDiver
DirtDiver

Back to top Go down

We're having a few problems on our weekend games, let's fix'em! Empty Re: We're having a few problems on our weekend games, let's fix'em!

Post  Holle Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 pm

DirtDiver wrote:Listen up guys, we have been going to the field and people have been complaining every weekend and are threatening to leave the field and not come back because people can't play fair and I am not calling out anybody, because it's too childish to do so! It's seems to be as soon as I get there everything calms down only because I act as mediator and to tell the truth that should be the objective of every Adrenaline Junkie. We should be out there setting the example for the rest of the guys who come and pay at "OUR" field! We have to keep the games running smoothly and efficient as possible, no matter what Team leader or Non-Team leader is on the field! You know how the rank goes, when one Team leader isn't there the next one steps up and takes charge until whoever arrives and relieves him of command or decides to let that person carry on. So this up coming weekend I know some of you guys won't be there but whoever will be there with me it's up to you guys to help pitch in and help me run these events as smooth as possible!
For those of you who can't make it this weekend, don't worry I'll try and get the number up and running again so we can have more fun when you get back too!
Until then, this is DirtDiver signing out....

just have a one on one session with the person that is causing problems ok. this will fix the problem. call that person out make them know the errors of their way. ill be out there this weekend i hope. getting a ride will be a problem.
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down

We're having a few problems on our weekend games, let's fix'em! Empty Re: We're having a few problems on our weekend games, let's fix'em!

Post  DirtDiver Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:28 pm

I gave people anonymity because it was too many people to list. It comes down to people on A.J. and memebers from other outfits and the new people who are running solo. So I leave it on a broad scope and hope that the maturity of our senior members would kick in and Lead the way for our rookies to be able to fixiate themselves on and learn from.
DirtDiver
DirtDiver

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:36 pm

to be honest... there are two embarrassing factors on me for this one;
1st: I work for the store, people should listen to me. even if I don't command the team I'm on (I only really wanna command like... 3 to 7 other people). When issues arise, I'm under the impression that because I work for the sponsoring facility that I should be speaking up. Problem is, the few people who can hear me are the following; people who are listening to me and don't need to be told, or people who keep telling me I should "shut your fuckin mouth" or "go fuck yourself" or something. getting tired of it.

2nd: am I faint voiced? am I just incapable of yelling? and then when something goes wrong a very few people actually think I'm able to handle every single thing. I'm turning 21 on the 28th this month, so I'm not as old as some of you think. A self inflicted hairline (purely an accident, but still my own fault) and alot of facial hair doesn't make me older. just ugly.

does anyone have the ability to help me get louder or get more noticed or perhaps just how to speak better in general? I don't wanna take anything over. I don't wanna rule the field on both sides, and I refuse to play red dictator. But what does it take for me to do my job better?
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Knucklehead Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Well, you've got at least a couple things working against you. This is a public field and you get a large "mix" of players here. If you are going to "run" the field (as someone should/needs to) you'll have to do it with a "low level" of authority. You don't have to be a "Red Dictator" to be respected, just a good leader. It's been a little while since I've played in Tacoma so forgive me if I'm out of date on how things are running. To start with you should start the game/day with a "briefing". Explaine the rules and reasons. Emphesize calling your hits and NOT calling out the other guy. Talk about how the second part is about good sportsmanship. We even encourage calling out "NICE SHOT" or something likethat. Promote honorable play. There's no shame in getting hit, it's part of the game and only shows that you're up front where you should be. Explain the diferance between not "noticing" a hit (we're all guilty here) and blatantly ignoring hits. Encourage the use of "dead rags", it'll save a lot of confusion at a distance. If someones a problem, talk to them away from others about it. After the game call for an ARR or after action report. This will give everyone a chance to talk about whats working and what needs work. It'll help keep people on the same page and can only improve the flow of things!

My 2 cents,
KnuckleHead
Knucklehead
Knucklehead
1st Sword

http://www.1st-sword.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Holle Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 pm

LoneWolf62798003 wrote:to be honest... there are two embarrassing factors on me for this one;
1st: I work for the store, people should listen to me. even if I don't command the team I'm on (I only really wanna command like... 3 to 7 other people). When issues arise, I'm under the impression that because I work for the sponsoring facility that I should be speaking up. Problem is, the few people who can hear me are the following; people who are listening to me and don't need to be told, or people who keep telling me I should "shut your fuckin mouth" or "go fuck yourself" or something. getting tired of it.

2nd: am I faint voiced? am I just incapable of yelling? and then when something goes wrong a very few people actually think I'm able to handle every single thing. I'm turning 21 on the 28th this month, so I'm not as old as some of you think. A self inflicted hairline (purely an accident, but still my own fault) and alot of facial hair doesn't make me older. just ugly.

does anyone have the ability to help me get louder or get more noticed or perhaps just how to speak better in general? I don't wanna take anything over. I don't wanna rule the field on both sides, and I refuse to play red dictator. But what does it take for me to do my job better?

well man you say you want to lead but what rank do you have. ive never seen you at a big game with us and never really played with you. theres other people who are in charge and you have to understand this. sometimes i could do things better than the person that is leading me but its not my position to argue or say i can do better. i suck it up and drive on. a leader sometimes needs to follow. you will have your day my friend.
side note: alot of people are saying were rude and play mean, well you know ive never seen any of our guys doing that. so i think some people are confused on who all the team members are. some guys play with us but are not on the team. im just tired of all of these topics like that. Rolling Eyes
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:12 pm

I'm not talking about being in charge of a real team or anything, I'm talking about being the guy who works at the store.

I think if possible, we should have AJ only arm bands that don't fuck up what you're wearing. This way, we can tell who is who (first sword, adrenaline junkies, ect...) no, I haven't been to a large game. However, I do attend as many saturday games as i can (until I run out of time and have to go change for work at Lowes).

meanest thing I've seen is when DJ or Ivy fucks with me on the sidelines. that and when Paco shot me from close range, but that wasn't mean... that was me dying for the first time out there and I would not have know what safety kill meant.

I'm still relatively new to actually playing the sport. I just know something about moving and what a certain gun SHOULD do... (for instance, when in Tomorrow Never Dies, an MP5K from a helecopter should not have torn up the area on the ground. And I didn't once see that fucker reload... and movies don't have windups!)... though I just recently learned about how to adjust hop up. I'm sure if there were an ALL DAY friday game that started at exactly 10am, and ended at at 5pm (and kept going except for breathers and loadings) I think I could learn alot from a constant fight.

do you think we have that capability?
I'll start another thread for special games and such... and a special scenario I have cooking (just started brewing in my head, no words for it yet)...

but yeah... you do know which guy I am, right? (matching profile to person isn't always easy...)
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Redneck Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:25 pm

dude to be honest i agree with the others it is a public field and im not saying that i am the calmest person out there but really you take control a little to much and just because you work at the store doesnt really mean squat to most people out there. yea rules should be made a little clearer but ive seen you try to take control and ive seen you fail because you try to tell people how to play your way...seriously just let them play they dont have to follow in your footsteps to play the game....yes i understand that there is alot of younger kids getting into the game and they will learn quickly if they like it or not...its not always easy but people learn and some learn faster than others...so in all honesty if you want to be a team leader quit taking the whole "I WORK AT THE STORE AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME" thing so seriously....chill out and play the game
Redneck
Redneck

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 pm

I've been kinda catching on to that. thank you for telling me clearly and straight. ("fuck you" is a purposeless hostility in my dialect).

but seriously... it is too stressful trying to run things. if anything, the MOST I wanna control is a fireteam. when I say "Fireteam" I mean
myself
other alpha guy
bravo guy
bravo's extra guy. that's it. maybe one sniper that follows me for a little bit then I would place them and let them branch off after a while.
and with the rest of everyone in my side, I don't feel like having ID issues when I see movement somewhere next to me and open fire only to get a fight going because I fired on my own team. I just wanna know "ok, I'm doing this, what are you doing? if you need, I have this idea, do you want it? no? ok, your doing [this and that], ok" and then I know "ok, 3 guys in green BDU and one guy with a silly red bandana, that's not an enemy... ACU's with AK's I didn't see on my team... OPEN FIRE!!"
but as far as 'command' goes, I only really wanna be listened to by EVERYONE when trying to relay rules or what the game actually is for that round when I'm telling people who were all the way on the other side. or when I'm asking "what are you guys doing?" or "enemy this way" or something.
sorry if I don't know how to specify that clearly.

but with the whole crowd thing...

Ricky seems to have simply a better public control ethic. to me, controlling a crowd is beating one guy bloody and demanding obedience. I may have stated before I am not a red party dictator and refuse to be one. But having people as valuable as ricky or DJ around makes this easier. they are familiar, better sounding, a little more polite, a little more clear, they think of things that I always forget (don't go beyond the creek) and people listen to them.

but yeah... I also don't wanna have to show up and have people looking at me going "great, here's ho chi mihn again, what the fuck does this saddam asshole want now?" because I sort of already tried giving up the whole "joint operations command guy" thing. like I said, I just want my fireteam (of 4 including me) and some notice on who's gonna be where. in fact, UTILIZE ME!!! gimme an objective otherwise I'm gonna get a little too creative. have you seen the shit I do in photoshop? that is me not having a set limit or objective and being too free.

as far as people not calling hits... in the "when playing with junkies" thread, I read that we light people up no matter the distance. well... I haven't seen that. unless it happens when I'm not looking. I'm not encouraging it, (openly) but what about sit-outs? or some sort of semi-creative method to encourage people to be honest.

as far as boundry issues... well, I have to admit I may have violated this one a couple times. I paid for it one of those times (in case you don't know, my goofy ass went wading and had to go home after because I ruined my socks and shoes along with waterlogging my whole lower body [pants and shoes retain water] and I felt like a retard). but yeah... maybe not parking in that one spot makes the corner next to the gravel pit more usable. that one whole lane is much better for parking. But so long as we can make clear to everyone not to go beyond those fenceless posts, through the creek (acrossed it), or out in stupid areas, I don't think it should really matter too much. especially if we have high number players... I like the idea of putting the objectives and drop zones farther apart. Mitch being able to fire a shot at someone from his start area and being able to hit the fattest kid on the other end isn't entirely because is gun is good. it's alot to due with the fact that maybe they're too close.

as far as people understanding how games are played... ("blackhawk down" isn't as simple to TVless families), I guess playing it alot of times or making DVD's really super cheap and giving them out with gun purchases here is the only way I can think of to make people learn what it is, or at least have a high number of people learn what it is so they can tell new players.

these are just suggestions. if someone has better ideas, we'll go with that.

we got new stuff (see the items alerts thread under Adrenaline Airsoft), and hope to see lots of people over there this saturday.
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  fundy Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:47 pm

i'll talk to ivy about being a dick. but besides the point.... if there are perpetrators on the junkies side of the wire then we need to handle that crap internally and freakin asap. i totally agree with ricky on the fact that the AJ's need to start handling these bitch issues on the field. we're supposed to be proffessionals. lets act the damned part.
fundy
fundy
Adrenaline Junkie
Adrenaline Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down