Adrenaline Junkies Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement: Upgraded JG AK

2 posters

Go down

Announcement: Upgraded JG AK Empty Announcement: Upgraded JG AK

Post  Jawz Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 am

The following is more of an announcement or maybe warning, depending on how you see it, and this piece of information needs to be released because chronoing guns is still not a regular procedure at the Tacoma Field.

I had the pleasure to upgrade Brandon's JG AK-74 -- and most of you know him, I guess.

Anyway, I already informed him that as a matter of courtesy and fairness to others, I would need to announce that his gun has been successfully upgraded -- to a superhot rifle Neutral ! It is actually so hot that I asked him several times in a couple of emails to observe the MED (minimum engagement distance) of 100 ft and to be considerate to other players when shooting.

Before the upgrade, his gun was shooting a respectable 370ish FPS with a ROF of 13.5 RPS on his 8.4V NiCd battery. After the upgrade with an (by then) unknown SystemA spring and a few other goodies, his FPS went up to a whooping 510-515 FPS with a ROF of only 7.6 RPS!

Based on these numbers, I conclude that the SystemA spring was an M150.

Bottom line: Please let him know that we all know how hot his gun is! It requires a fair amount of discipline not to shoot at someone who is too close (ie. less than the MED) in order to avoid any injuries. I hope he has this discipline, and the burden is now on his shoulders. If I didn't release this info, I would become an accomplice to any resulting injuries. Now at least, everyone else knows and can take appropriate measurements, which basically includes the involvement from the team captain as well.

Let's play safe!

(I think I'm going to pee in my pants just thinking about getting hit by one of his BBs...) Embarassed

Jawz
(The inofficial Safety Officer)
Jawz
Jawz
1st Sword

Back to top Go down

Announcement: Upgraded JG AK Empty Re: Announcement: Upgraded JG AK

Post  Tunnelrat Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:53 am

i actually have a question about that for 1st sword events. What is your ruling on the TM PSG1? i was thinking about upgrading the M14 to shoot sniper rifle FPS and disabling the auto mode (thus making it just like the psg1 i think), if possible, temporarily for 1st sword events and was wondering if that was allowed.
Tunnelrat
Tunnelrat
Admin

http://adrenalinejunkies.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawz Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 am

If anyone wants to take the role of a sniper, that person needs to be "sniper certified" for safety reasons.

This is to make sure that people understand how to gauge their MED (minimum engagement distance).

If your gun shoots only 400 FPS w/ 0.2 g BBs, but you want to "snipe," that's a different story and you are not considered a "sniper."

The course (which I unfortunately could not attend due to personal chores) was led by Matt, a retired special forces operator. From what people reported, passing the course was not a problem; it was just "dry," which is understandable considering that a lot of theory is covered. The test consisted of hitting targets placed at 100, 110, 120 ft. etc.

I don't know when the next sniper course is, and there have been other inquiries already. Maybe you could post or PM Roger about more info.

BTW, since the MED for snipers is 100 ft., snipers are obviously not allowed for night games because visibility is usually zero unless there's (nearly) a full moon (like one week ago).

For FPS limits please check section 3.1 of the Combat Rules, and section 3.7 covers the sniper requirements:
http://www.1st-sword.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16

I hope this answers some questions?

Jawz
Jawz
Jawz
1st Sword

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: