Adrenaline Junkies Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tacoma Field -- Out of Bounds?

5 posters

Go down

Tacoma Field -- Out of Bounds? Empty Tacoma Field -- Out of Bounds?

Post  Jawz Wed May 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Guys (and gals),

Today (on a Wednesday -- my off-day), I drove through the rainy streets to the Tacoma Airfield to compare my TK (Tanio Kobayashi) barrel with my Madbull Black Python. I parked on the dirt out of view from all the other parking cars without driving down to the pit where there was way too much water and mud.

After about twenty minutes of test firing (without leaving my dry car -- mind you Wink), a LEO (law enforcement officer) suddenly showed up behind me and inquired what I was doing. He was very friendly and understanding, but told me that the area was privately owned and therefore out of bounds for paintballing, dirt bikers, and others, especially since stolen cars have been dumped here, too. Of course, he was interested in my ICS M4 and asked how much it costed and whether it was a modified real steel. He was very impressed about how real it looked because he was in the Army, but once I showed him the internals with all the gears and told him that I was preparing myself for a huge game in Idaho, he was fine.

I am pretty sure that someone must have notified him (which I forgot to ask), but either way, I wanted to give you guys a heads-up about this AO. Looks like a search for a new field is going to be necessary...

Jawz
Jawz
Jawz
1st Sword

Back to top Go down

Tacoma Field -- Out of Bounds? Empty Re: Tacoma Field -- Out of Bounds?

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Wed May 06, 2009 6:22 pm

*shouts a large list of explitives* that's the 3rd report of chop sae (police) showing up! seriously? *gets mad and stomps off*
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Holle Wed May 06, 2009 8:16 pm

ive been saying this for awhile. ive been looking but i dont know anywhere to go
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Wed May 06, 2009 8:51 pm

it's getting too stupid. We should find a way to keep police out. Ban them! or something to make it clear that we're welcome there. I won't allow myself to be kept from this sport. I'll run fund raisers to raise money to purchase a field if i need to.

I am offended culturally that people dump and misuse our *precious* field! meth-lab trucks are also not welcome. I figure a cold blade through the neck should keep out any druggies who wanna start using our place as a breeding ground for freaks and their drugs. I'm severely disrespected by the fact that it's gotten to the point where the rightful users of the field can't even go in without getting *trouble* from what passes for law enforcement around here! Evil or Very Mad
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawz Thu May 07, 2009 9:09 am

LoneWolf,

I think you're not getting the real point: The field is *privately* owned and we do not have official permission to play there! Just because the field appears to be "abandoned" doesn't mean that anybody could just show up and use it at his discretion -- whether it's dirty biking, paintballing, or airsofting.

In order to maintain the face of our sports, we cannot keep provoking LEOs and become an eyesore in the public! *THAT* is the point!

Therefore, it becomes necessary to look around and make "friends" with some people who happen to have some open fields...

Jawz
Jawz
Jawz
1st Sword

Back to top Go down

Post  Holle Thu May 07, 2009 10:43 am

Yea so stop crying and find a new area. Do you have a backyard?jk
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Thu May 07, 2009 11:12 am

sorry, it's just an emotional reaction. I just wish airsoft was easier to play, and could be done more often and in more places that are suitable to guys like me (who wanna play in all environments and all weather), and I am not too fond of being told I can't.

anyone who's married, think of it as when in your own house with your own wife, you're told not to kiss her. you're not fighting, you're not mad at each other, she hasn't had a face reconstruction, you've simply been told not to kiss her.
that's how I feel! I feel like I've been told there is no way to really enjoy my... well, guns and women have different formats of value (I'm not married, so sorry if I seem insensitive on 10 levels of "what a jerk").

but I really do wish there were more places nearby we could just go play any time! who knows of any MOUT places that are open to guys like us?
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  zebaffe Mon May 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Well this is all beside the point. Where are we going to play now??? that's what we need to know... better yet, let's figure out who does own that Field and get on their good side, kinda like we did at the Maple Valley Park (HAHAHAHA! that drunk guy was so funny! made me piss myself when we went for the back of the car... but still funny).

How might we go about finding who owns that field??? I'll bet if we went and talked to him, he (or she) might not mind us using it for airsofting... they probably just don't appriciate poeple just marching in there without permission, and abusing the vacant lot. I don't appriciate that to much myself actually, and I can see where he's coming from when he calls the LEO's.

but anywho! is there anywhere else we can play that we actually have permission to do so??? I might know of a place... but I don't know if they guy will want us up there every week... but I have no idea, I'd have to ask... but also it's way up in Eatonville... so yeah No

-Zane, Praetorian Guards
zebaffe
zebaffe

http://sexybears.com  NO NO!! JK JK!

Back to top Go down

Post  bri_jo Wed May 13, 2009 9:58 pm

When the (fat) cops talked to me and my dad they said that it is perfectly fine if we play there as long as we have a notice from the Tacoma Railroad company (i think thats it) that says we have permission to play there. I dont know if one of you have tried to contact them, but atleast that would give us a while more to play there.
Also after one of the cops left the other one said that they really don't care if we play there as long as were not dumping stuff... or setting up meth labs.

I personally vote for finding a new field, I don't want to be belly crawling and then getting stuck by a needle. affraid
That would suck.
bri_jo
bri_jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Holle Thu May 14, 2009 7:42 am

lets play in DJ's apt. i dont think he will mind. sound good DJ?
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down

Post  bri_jo Thu May 14, 2009 8:08 am

lol, thats great, you can have all the little boys that want to play airsoft in your apartment.
Sounds safe.
bri_jo
bri_jo

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Thu May 14, 2009 1:08 pm

*cringes* yeah. after playing union jack, I feel dissappointed in our field. but alas, I'm not able to do anything about it. I'm just gonna keep playing until cops barracade the area, or until we find a new place. new guns... I gotta shoot someone. my AK is so nice. so is my MP5SD6 and Benelli M1014.

since we're talking about fields, I'll ask this here...
what color field do you guys like? between urban, desert, forest, ect.
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Holle Thu May 14, 2009 2:24 pm

LoneWolf62798003 wrote:*cringes* yeah. after playing union jack, I feel dissappointed in our field. but alas, I'm not able to do anything about it. I'm just gonna keep playing until cops barracade the area, or until we find a new place. new guns... I gotta shoot someone. my AK is so nice. so is my MP5SD6 and Benelli M1014.

since we're talking about fields, I'll ask this here...
what color field do you guys like? between urban, desert, forest, ect.

purple
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Thu May 14, 2009 2:59 pm

TELETUBBY!!! AAAHHH!!!

but seriously... do you think we should fund raise and buy some land, then develop stuff on it (buildings, ect) to make a Washington Airsoft field, that's exlusively airsoft?

I would totally try something like that. one square mile of play, with stuff adjusted forcefully (so we have deserts, forests, a cave, and a small town with at least one multi-story building!).

that's my idea of a FREAKISHLY AWSOME FIELD!! do you guys think that would be possible in the semi-future?
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Holle Thu May 14, 2009 10:31 pm

you can. im in the army so i move alot guy. buying land would not be a good investment for me. and land here in washington is way to high. now if you move to oklahoma i have close to 100 acres of land. its so much fun to play there.
Holle
Holle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneWolf62798003 Fri May 15, 2009 1:32 pm

BOY!! don't you tempt me! if this gets to me enough, I might just do it... and I'll even start a construction project!
LoneWolf62798003
LoneWolf62798003

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down