Adrenaline Junkies Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16)

Go down

Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16) Empty Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16)

Post  legendsecko87 Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Here's my beauty, and basically all of my time for the last few months. This thing has drained the majority of my budget, however its a great performer. I'll post some performance results later, but as of right now I'll go thought the history.

In the quest on finding a great performance M-16 Base for a DMR, I was on the qwest for one with a RIS. This RIS couldn't be one of those measly JG ones, because I already had one of these and I honestly wasn't very happy with it. I decided to go with a proper RIS unit, and this resulted in the choice between 2 particular AEG's. The two AEGs I was deciding over was the G&G M16 and the G&P M16, both coming with a full metal body and a M5-RAS Unit. I decided go go with the G&P Model due to the full FN Trademarks. After a few weeks of leaving it stock for review purposes, I started to pour money into it. I started with my old setup and took the spine from my Dboys BI-5281 SPR Spine and such, giving this gun a quite unique front end. After I got this done, I kept on spending. I was trying to find the right scope until I found that PointAct had a 3-9850MM Scope for a very reasonable price, and I scored this. This replaced my measly scope and gave this gun with an amazing sense of intimidation to it. Soon after I started running into a few gearbox problems, mainly it being way too loud. I figured this was because of the gears. I replaced the gears, and later I kept on running into this problem. After a combined total of maybe 15 Hours to try and shim the damn thing, I just basically said F$@k it and purchased a King Arms 8mm Bearing Gearbox, a Systema Magnum, a Custom MOSFET with Active break and an Intellect 10.8v 3600mAh battery. This came along with some Systema Torque-up Helical Gears I scored off my friend. Anyways, this was a journey, however I think there is still something missing. I've already got bored and started to engrave some things to the body, however I messed up on the "MADE IN BELGIUM" and wrote Beligumn :/.

Here's what she's got done so far. Sorry for the poor quality pictures. Its the best I can do with the weather snowing right now Smile

Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16) IMG_7688
Magic Beauty Shot

Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16) IMG_7686

Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16) IMG_6117
MX70 MR2 Logo

Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16) IMG_6118
FN-MFG Logo

Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16) IMG_7693

Custom MX70 MR-2 (G&P M16) IMG_7694

Here's what I have poured into her:

G&P GP628 M16-A4 Base:
Internals
-King Arms 8mm Bearing Ver.2 Gearbox
-G&P Electrical Trigger Relay
-Custom A/B-MOSFET
-Dean Connectors
-Systema Torque-Up Helical Gearset
-G&P Anti-Reversal Latch
-G&P Polyacetal Piston (2nd Tooth Removed)
-G&P Steel Bearing Spring Guide
-King Arms Alu Bearing Piston head
-UTC-Pyro's Sorbothane Pad(s)(Cylinder Head & Pistonhead)
-Classic Army Type-0 Cylinder
-G&P Steel Cylinder Head
-JG Tappet Plate
-Element 170% Pink Spring
-G&P Brass M4 Air Nozzle - Internal O-Ring
-Systema Magnum Motor
-Prometheus Soft (Purple) Hop-Up Bucking & Nub
-Prometheus 6.03mm [s]O[/s] 590mm Stainless Steel Barrel

Externals:
-G&P FN Trademarked Body
-Custom Mx70 MR-2 Trademarks
-A&K SPR MOD.0 CNC Spine (Top rail)
-G&P M5-RAS Unit
-Unknown Dual-Tapped Silencer
-Tasco OEM 3-9x50mm Illuminated Scope (With Extended Tube)
-G&P Rail Covers - x2
-Intellect 10.8v 3600mAh Battery (Custom Cut-Up)

The maximum performaces I've seen have been 438.8-FPS with .20g with a ROF of 21.8BPS. Of course I'm still working out the kinks, and the gun has lowered to about 425-FPS with .20g. The battery I am still trying to figure out, but I'm still working on it.

Any ideas? comments?

legendsecko87

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum